||Tel: 033 845 1000
Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||Please call for details
Bush Holiday Resort with holiday activities
Mkhuze Game Reserve is situated in Northern Zululand, roughly 335 km from Durban. The reserve is 40 000ha in extent. Today it forms part of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
Attractions & Activities
Mkhuze is a place for bird watchers with a bird list well in excess of four hundred. Predominantly flat and dry, with sandy ridges which are ancient dunes, it harbours an astonishing diversity of natural habitats.
- A road network of 100 km traverses a variety of bushveld habitats which offer excellent game-viewing.
- Night drives are also offered, giving visitors the opportunity to see some of the reserve’s nocturnal animals and birds.
- A swimming pool is situated in the hutted camp and campsite respectively, strictly for accommodated guests only.
- The Rhino Dine-O take-away situated near Mantuma is open from 07:00 - 09:30 for breakfast; 11:30 - 14:00 for lunch and 17:00 - 19:00 for dinner.
The diversity of habitats means a wide variety of animal species including black and white rhinoceros, elephant, giraffe, nyala, blue wildebeest, warthog, eland, hippo, impala, kudu and other smaller antelope. Rare species occurring in the reserve are cheetah, hyaena, suni and leopard. Three game viewing hides have been constructed next to the Kubube, Kamasinga, Kwamalibala pans.
Family holiday accommodation, Campsites and Facilities includes:
- 2 x 6 bed cottages
- 4 x 2 bed chalets
- 5 x 4 bed chalets
- 10 x 2 bed safari camps
- 3 x 4 bed safari camps
- 1 x 8 bed bush lodge
Holiday resort offers the following:
- Mantuma offers 6 x two-bed rest huts, each served by communal ablution facilities and kitchen, 4 x two-bed chalets, 5 x five-bed chalets and 2 x six-bed cottages which are all fully self-contained.
- Visitors must provide their own food and beverages. Units are serviced daily, however visitors are required to do their own cooking and washing up. No plug points for electric razors are available.
- Tented Safari Camp: consists of 10 x two-bed and 3 x four-bed tents, each equipped with a kitchen, en-suite amenities, Eskom, fridge, crockery and linen. Visitors need to provide their own food and are required to do their own cooking and washing up. Units are serviced daily.
- Nhlonhlela Bush Lodge: This eight-bed lodge overlooks the fever treelined Nhlonhlela Pan. All the units are en-suite and connected by board walks branching out from the communal lounge and kitchen.
- A cook/caretaker is in attendance and a ranger is available to take visitors on game walks.
- This lodge is served by a solar powered lighting system. Good torches and gas lights are recommended.
- Campsites: The campsite is situated near the Emshopi entrance gate and accommodates up to 100 visitors, with hot and cold water ablutions.
- Electricity is supplied by generator between 05:00 - 08:00 and 17:00 - 22:00 daily.
Please say you saw this on Kznkids. Tell
with a friend.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."