Pietermaritzburg Children's Home
||Tel: 033 387 4004, 033 387 4005
Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||45 Teak's Road
||Your generous donations
|| From 6 years - 18 years old
Home for orphaned & vulnerable children
Pietermaritzburg Children’s Home is the oldest children’s home in the city, with our roots being traced back to Miss Mary Elizabeth Cook in 1886. Today, we are the product of an amalgamation of the Hilltops home, Mary Cook and Mildred Ward, who in 1991 became The Pietermaritzburg Children’s Home. We are a registered Non- Profit welfare organization that operates at 45 Teak Road, in Woodlands, Pietermaritzburg.
Our child care services operate on a 24 hour basis. We provide a home for children who are orphaned and vulnerable as well as children who are infected and affected by/with HIV & AIDS. PCH accommodates children between the ages of 6 and 20, with the children being allowed to remain with us up until the age of 21, should they be completing their grade 12. Our current demographics include 75 children, of whom the majority are African children, from numerous areas surrounding the Midlands, Durban and the Port Shepstone regions. This number changes as children come and go according to their needs and best interests.
What we do
- At P.C.H we provide residential care, management and treatment to children who have been removed from their homes and placed in our care by recognized legal procedures.
- We offer individual counselling and reconstruction services are rendered by our social worker as part of the programme.
- The Pietermaritzburg Children’s Home also offers a life skills and educational program, career guidance training, recreational and spiritual activities.
Children's wish list
We always need any items in the following categories:
- Education such as puzzles, games, computers, paper, school clothes, calculators, etc.
- Unit needs such as linen, mattresses, lounge suites, bins, washing machines, etc.
- Kids clothing
- Sports equipment
- Outdoor games/outings
- Garden tools
- Craft supplies
Please say you saw this on Kznkids. Tell
with a friend.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."