Mountain resort, campsite accommodation in the Drakensberg
Situated in the Drakensberg with breathtaking vistas, sweeping grasslands on the lower reaches to magnificent towering cliffs with waterfalls cascading for hundreds of meters. The ideal place for Camping / Hiking/ l Day walks or just a light meal.
- 20 campsites with plug points
- 15 campsites without plug points
- Overnight hiking
- Camping at Monks Cowl consists of 38 spacious campsites (12 electrical and 26 non electrical) with basic braai facilities. Firewood and charcoal can be purchased.
- The campsite has ablution blocks with hot showers, baths and flush toilets. Facilities include dishwashing and laundry basins and instant boiling water is available to campers for tea or coffee by means of a Hydroboil geyser near the dishwashing area.
Activities for kids and families
- For the more adventurous, up Ships Prow pass to Inkosazana cave on top of Champagne Castle.
- For the casual hiker, the lower berg boasts meandering routes to Stable cave and Zulu cave or simply camp anywhere within the 22 000 ha wilderness area, bearing in mind no open fires are allowed - gas cookers only.
- Hiking routes vary from a few hours to several days and provide sufficient diversity to accommodate all levels of experience and fitness. Overnight hiking is available, but must be booked in advance.
- The area is known for its splendid scenery, and provides hikers with access to wonderful mountain trails that weave through the deep valleys and forests rising up onto the main escarpment of the Northern Drakensberg.
Please say you saw this on Kznkids. Tell
with a friend.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."